When sewing thin, soft, and slippery fabrics, the lockstitch sewing machine, which was originally stable when sewing medium-thick fabrics, may sometimes experience threading, skipping, wrinkling, tight stitches, etc. so you encounter these problems what can we do about it?
Spinning is mainly due to the thin and dense silk fabrics. Ordinary sharp needles will pierce the silk and cause the silk to spin. It is recommended to use round-nozzle needles for better results (DB×1 type, which represents the round-nosed needle for lockstitch sewing machines).
Stitch skip can be solved by adjusting the lower limit position of the needle and adjusting the position of the rotary hook and the needle. The solution is as follows:
Method 1: When the needle bar moves to the lower limit point, the needle hole should expose 2/3 to 1 at the inner arc of the hook frame.
Method 2: When the needle rises from the lower limit, when the tip of the hook coincides with the center of the needle, the tip of the hook is about 0.6 to 0.8mm from the needle hole, the needle eye is tightened.
Method 3: The gap between the needle notch and the small plane of the hook tip should be 0.01～0.08mm.
Method 4: Use a needle plate with a smaller pin hole.
If you encounter wrinkles in the sewing material and tight stitches, you can try to solve the problem by the following methods:
1. First, check whether the bottom line is tight and cause the sewing material to wrinkle;
2. Adjust the feed dog;
(1) Medium or fine are used for the feed dog, the feed dog moves to the highest point about 0.8mm from the needle plate;
(2) The feed dog is adjusted so that the front is about 0.1～0.3mm higher than the back, and the left and right are parallel to prevent the sewing material from wrinkling and deviation.
(3) With the cooperation of the feeding and the needle, when the needle tip is lowered to the plane of the needle plate, the tip of the feeding teeth is slightly exposed 0.1～0.2mm.
3. Shorten the distance between the bottom thread groove of the hook and the needle;
4. Appropriately reduce the elastic force and stroke of the thread take-up spring (the elasticity is about 6g, the stroke is about 5mm, and the thread take-up spring is installed at about 45°);
5. Loosen the presser foot pressure.
Under normal circumstances, as long as you follow the above method to deal with, the problems of threading, skipping and wrinkling encountered when sewing thin, soft and slippery fabrics can be smoothly solved.
If you want to know lockstitch sewing machine, please contact: [email protected]